Saveurs des Mauges is committed to protecting the planet :
The environment is one of our key concerns, which is why we’re taking action to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We use a biological water treatment plant to funnel our pre-treated water into the collective water network.
- We recycle our refrigeration energy to produce some of our hot water.
- We’ve blacklisted Freon from our refrigeration units, preferring instead to work with glycol water chilling.
- We have a centralised energy management system that helps us avoid malfunction-related energy waste and lets us monitor our energy consumption on a day-to-day basis.
- By reducing the thickness of our recyclable film punnets and by not over-packaging our products, we’re helping to reduce waste.
- We choose to work with local suppliers as a way of embracing short supply chains.